Leicester Digital Mapping
Leicester Community Maps
This is a collaboration with the City and County Councils, Leicester Image Bank and Leicestershire Statistics and Research Online.
Aim: To engage with and represent existing community interest groups in Leicester, and to enable communities to visualise their place in the Leicester communities map.
- To discover existing data on communities and integrate with the project;
- To research current work on complex social data visualisation;
- To determine which data is geographically or more culturally-centric (or both);
- To prevent unwitting bias in the data spread or data labelling;
- To develop a moderation system that allows communities to update their data;
- To contribute/monitor the discussion in the data gathering group.
- To work with the environment mappings group on overlapping data.
- To develop a commissions scheme for creative practitioners to contribute.
Dr Brian Brown
Email: brown [at] dmu.ac.uk